• The short mechanical time
constant makes it ideal for control operations.
• An extremely short electrical constant provides high peak
torque at high speed.
• A high "theoretical" acceleration gives an extremely
fast response time.
• High stall torque due to the absence of commutator bars.
• Low thermal resistance provides low working temperatures.
• High power to weight ratio, ideal for manipulator mounted
• Air gap design, small diameter and short length.
• For many applications a separate position sensor is not required,
the resolver can be used for deriving a position feed back signal
as well as speed/current information.